[TYPO3] Where are the TS experts ??????

Aji Johannes aji.yahya at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 22:14:35 CEST 2006

Christopher schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/9/06, Aji Johannes <aji.yahya at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hallo List,
>>
>> im posting this thread again because i didnt get any good answer , im
>> really getting small problem with my Tmenu, and i ask the Typo3 experts
>> if they have any idea to slove my problem, ill be very thankful for you
>> help guys.
>>
>> i have a special menu and i want to make something like this:
>>

>>      NO{
>>          linkWrap = <li>|</li>
>>      }
>>      ACT < .NO
>>      ACT = 1
>>      ACT{
>>          linkWrap = <li>|</li>
>>      }
>>      CURIFSUB < .NO
>>      CURIFSUB  = 1
>>      NO.doNotShowLink=1
>>          NO.doNotLinkIt=1
>>      CURIFSUB{
>>              linkWrap = <li>|</li>
>>      }
>>
>> when i click on level 2 if the menu point have sub menu ,should hide
>> another points of the same level. for example :
>>

>> -menu 1 (ACT)
>>    -menu 1.2(ACT)
>>      -menu 1.2.1
>>      -menu 1.2.2
>>      -menu 1.2.3
>>    -menu 1.3
>>    -menu 1.4
>> -menu 2
>> -menu 3
>>
>> and want to make it like this:
>>
>> -menu 1 (ACT)
>>    -menu 1.2(ACT)
>>      -menu 1.2.1
>>      -menu 1.2.2
>>      -menu 1.2.3
>>
>> -menu 2
>> -menu 3
>>
>> if you see the -menu 1.3 -menu 1.4 are hided because  -menu 1.2 is
>> active.
>> any idea please ???
>

> I could be wrong, but I don't think this problem can be solved using
> TS alone. At a glance, there seem to be two things you can do:
>
> 1. Some kind of javascript solution--just expand the whole menu by
> default and use javascript to determine a) which menus should be
> open/closed based on the current page, and b) which menu items should
> be visible/invisible based on the current page, or
>
> 2. Use the 'userdefined' or 'userfunction' options of the 'special'
> property of HMENU [1]--there's a fairly detailed example at the end of
> the .special table.
>
> Incidentally, _if_ I understand properly what you're trying to
> do--i.e. hiding some but not all menu items on the current/parent
> level based on a certain page being active--I would say it's a very
> bad idea in terms of usability. What if I'm on 1.2 and I want to go
> directly to 1.4?
>
> -Christopher
>

> [1]
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/11/

Hello Christopher
yes i know it is bad idea to hide the whole level and shows only one
point if it has submenu´s but i have a project and i must do a
navigation  like this.
an example is by:
http://www.sap.com/germany/solutions/index.epx
is you see : Lösungen >> mySAP Business Suite
by click on :mySAP ERP the rest of menu is hidding.

i just want to make something like

CURIFSUB < .NO
      CURIFSUB  = 1

      CURIFSUB{
              linkWrap = <li>|</li>
		NO.doNotShowLink=1
      		NO.doNotLinkIt=1
      }

but NO.doNotShowLink=1 inside CURIFSUB{} doesnt work, may be there is
another way to rewritte NN properity inside CURIFSUB.
any idea????
thanks for answer