[TYPO3] Multidomain - multilanguage

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 9 18:35:19 CEST 2006

> Logi Huldar Gunnlaugsson wrote:
>> I have a little problem with one of my clients. I set up a multi
>> language website for his company a while ago. The website is working
>> fine and the language system as well. Now he wants the system to
>> work on many domains depending on language i.e. the domain
>> firmname.de would automatically bring up the german version of the
>> site but firmname.com would give the user the English version. Being
>> a bit of a newbee I did not think of this situation beforehand.
>> Is it possible to do this? and so, can anyone give me some advice on
>> how to do this. The Typo3 version is 3.8.1 and is running on LAMP.
>
> I would do this as a combination of:
> - mod_rewrite
> - wildcard domains
>
> I.e. I would setup virtual host with ServerAlias as "*.mydomain.com".
> Then I would redirect anything that looks like
> "de.mydomain.com/my/url" to "www.mydomain.com/de/my.url". This
> example uses realurl syntax but it is easy to setup with L variable
> too.

No redirect necessary, and you can remove the language part form the URL
completely.
Just use conditions to set the correct sys_language_uid:

This is a working example taken from one of our clients:

[globalString = HTTP_HOST= *xposign.de]

config {
 sys_language_uid = 0
 language = de_DE
 locale_all = de_DE at euro
}
page.headerData.60 = TEXT
page.headerData.60.dataWrap = <title>XPOSIGN - messeplanung und design -
{field:title}</title>

[globalString = HTTP_HOST= *xposign.com]

config {
 sys_language_uid = 1
 language = en_IE
 locale_all = en_IE at euro
}
page.headerData.60 = TEXT
page.headerData.60.dataWrap = <title>XPOSIGN - fairplanning and design -
{field:title}</title>

[global]

You can fill in any other special setup you need for one of the languages
inside the appropriate conditional block.
Outside of the blocks you will define the common settings.
Since you are not using any L parameter but just the TLD itself to switch
between languages, you could still work with RealURL, but you would need to
setup each of the necessary domains to work with RealURL.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de