[TYPO3] submenus not show up for special HMENU

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 9 18:25:50 CEST 2006

> I want to use the following settings in the extension template to
> override the menu defined in the master template.
>
> ==
> page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10 = HMENU
> page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10.special = directory
> page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10.special.value =
> 3574
>
> page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10 {
>     1 = TMENU
>     1 {
>      }
>      2 < .1
>      3 < .1
>      4 < .1
>      5 < .1
> }
> ==
>
> Part of the page tree is like:
>
> blahblah
> subsite  (page id 3574)
>   page1
>     page1.1
>   page2
> blah
>
> Page1 and page2 show up fine in the menu.  But clicking page1 doesn't
> show page1.1 which is not hidden.  I noticed TSref says,
>
> "NOTE: Don't set .entryLevel for a HMENU when using this option! Also
> be aware that this selects pages for the first level in the menu.
> Submenus by menuPbjects 2+ will be created as usual."
>
> How should I understand 'Submenus by menuPbjects 2+ will be created as
> usual.' to get the submenus show up?

If you are using "special=list" or "special=directory", submenus won't
expand automatically when you click on the link to their parent page.
These "special" variants of HMENU are only for special purposes (i.e. a
meta-navigation as the footer of a page) and therefor the only thing you can
do is to set "expAll=1" to have all of the submenus expanded by default.

If you want automatically expanding submenus you have to switch to
entryLevel instead of special, which is a good idea anyway since the CSV
list of IDs you will be using with special is not completely dynamic.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de