[TYPO3] submenus not show up for special HMENU

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Oct 9 17:18:53 CEST 2006

Hi,

I want to use the following settings in the extension template to override
the menu defined in the master template.

==
page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10 = HMENU
page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10.special = directory
page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10.special.value = 3574

page.10.subparts.contentcontainer.subparts.left.10 {
id="navfooter"></div>
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
         NO = 1
         NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>

         ACT = 1
         ACT {
              allWrap = <li>|</li>
              ATagParams = class="selected nocursor"
         }

         ACTIFSUB = 1
         ACTIFSUB {
            subst_elementUid = 1
            allWrap = <li>|<ul>
            wrapItemAndSub = |</ul></li>
            ATagParams = class="selected"
         }

         SPC = 1
         SPC.doNotShowLink = 1
         SPC.allWrap = <div class="divider">&nbsp;</div>

     }
     2 < .1
     3 < .1
     4 < .1
     5 < .1
}
==

Part of the page tree is like:

blahblah
subsite  (page id 3574)
  page1
    page1.1
  page2
blah

Page1 and page2 show up fine in the menu.  But clicking page1 doesn't show
page1.1 which is not hidden.  I noticed TSref says,

"NOTE: Don't set .entryLevel for a HMENU when using this option! Also be
aware that this selects pages for the first level in the menu. Submenus by
menuPbjects 2+ will be created as usual."

How should I understand 'Submenus by menuPbjects 2+ will be created as
usual.' to get the submenus show up?

Thanks in advance,

Bing