[TYPO3] No tutorials?

mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Sun Oct 8 19:33:50 CEST 2006

Dmitry,

Consider the page tree. To understand how it is realized within Typo3, I
guess I need to understand 1) how either one or maybe more than one
mysql tables are defined, 2) which Typo3 php classes are relevant and
the code therein, 3) how mysql definitions and php code have been
designed to fit togheter , and (I am not sure) 4) some Java code too
(something else too?)

If I look at a Typo3 core file, it seems to me that the some portion of
code is taking care of issues about the pages tree,  user management,
and so on, all blended together. This is the way of doing things, but it
makes somehow difficult reverse engineering (let me speak so).

Imagine how easier would be for me if I could look at a version of the
Typo3 code with nothing but the stuff which is relevant for,say, the
page tree.

A good tutorial should somehow sort out and explain code and table defs
which are relevant for the different basic features of Typo3.

Am i wrong? Do you understand what I am thinking about?
Let me know your opinion
thks
mario

--