[TYPO3] No tutorials?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Oct 8 18:41:50 CEST 2006

Hi!

mario wrote:
> If I look at a Typo3 core file, it seems to me that the some portion of
> code is taking care of issues about the pages tree,  user management,
> and so on, all blended together. This is the way of doing things, but it
> makes somehow difficult reverse engineering (let me speak so).

Typo3 is coded for efficiency, not for ease of reverse engineering.
Reverse engineering is often [very] hard, this is true.

> Imagine how easier would be for me if I could look at a version of the
> Typo3 code with nothing but the stuff which is relevant for,say, the
> page tree.

Well, you know now that it is hard to find such piece of code :)

> A good tutorial should somehow sort out and explain code and table defs
> which are relevant for the different basic features of Typo3.
>
> Am i wrong? Do you understand what I am thinking about?
> Let me know your opinion

All fine. Write such tutorial ;) I am sure many other will be be happy
to read it!

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/