[TYPO3] No tutorials? Draft idea attached...

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 11:32:52 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> MTB also wants extension (template autoparser), isn't it?
I don't use autoparser I only use use the core css-styled content.

TYPO3 really should work out of the box. It does this now but only just and
I don't think to the standard newbies expect. Yes another topic for
debate...

This tutorial tries to get a working site from TYPO3 out of the box ie
without needing to install additional plugins. Just trying to connect to
the TER in v4 at the moment can be a real nightmare for newbies.

The extension autoparser was helpful as it allowed you to avoid adding the
HTML markers as it just picked up your HTML tags id=left etc.

It is actually easier code wise to use autoparser but I didn't want to
burden of adding a pre-website extension.

I do remember it took me ages to figure it all out so we do need more
feedback from absolute newbies on this type of tutorial.

>> and clicking around the templavoila BE modules that are not
>> mentioned in any of the core TYPO3 docs
>
> Same goes for MTB: also not in core docs.
Yes I was thinking more about the BE module list. People get used to seeing
the same core BE modules (Menu in newbie speak) - with TV two new modules
are added.

> It would be great because improving usability in TV is in my plans.
I do think templavoila has the potential to become the core template manager
- but it has a lot of usability shortcomings in my view. Currently it
remains an airplane cockpit with too many switches and dials!

I am happy to help you work through those.

Matthew