[TYPO3] No tutorials? Draft idea attached...

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 5 11:14:48 CEST 2006

Hi!

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> So I chose ###markers### does it matter?

In my personal opinion ( notice: (1) my (2) personal <> "the only
right"!), MTB is not very friendly or obvious or simple for *new users*.
When I started to learn typo3, I mastered FTB much faster than MTB. And
I was computer professional with more than 10 years background those days.

Of course, when people used MTB for several years, it looks simple and
obvious but I still do not understand why I should go and add those
###WHATEVER### in the HTML file + edit TS setup with the same markers if
I could do the same with several simple clicks.

But again, it is absolutely personal choice: I do not say that MTB is
bad or ugly or should not be used. However I really feel that FTB is
easier for new users.

> I don't have a considered view between either templavoila or subpart markers
> yet I do think templavoila adds greater BE confusion for absolute
> beginners. In another thread another day I'll work through those points
> more fully.

It would be great because improving usability in TV is in my plans.

> The simple reason I chose to pursue the subpart markers route is I think,
> closest to the historic TYPO3 docs way of doing things.

He-he, why not using old static templates than? ;)

> The newbie workload difference between adding a few ###markers### in an html
> file, or going through the TV process of installing two extensions,

MTB also wants extension (template autoparser), isn't it?

> and clicking around the templavoila BE modules that are not
> mentioned in any of the core TYPO3 docs

Same goes for MTB: also not in core docs.

> and figuring out whether my mapped
> object should be an Element or a TypoScript Object Path - well for me
> looking at newbies, ###markers### are the easiest route.

May be. This question can be tricky. This is why dedicated section on
this topic is planned in new FTB.

> This doc is not for you Dmitry so put it down and don't read it again...

Well, I care about documentation, I have to train people sometimes, so I
am trying to get any useful docs :)

Do not get offended, this doc got positive opinions from others, it
seems to be useful. It is only I who cannot use it so far :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs