[TYPO3] No tutorials?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 2 16:02:09 CEST 2006

> The "Kom i gang" (getting started) tutorial on the site is three years
> old and relies on a "quickstart" package that doesn't apply (or
> exist?) to v4.0. doc_tut_quickstart is from 2004. So is Basic
> Extension Tutorial (which I can't use right now anyway, as I still
> have no knowledge about the fundamentals of the backend). Frontend
> Programming is from 2002. So is References Tutorial. Futuristic
> Template Building is from 2004.

Well - did you just try one of them or did you drop them just because they
looked outdated to you?
AFAIK the doc_tut_quickstart still applies to most of the stuff even if it's
4.0 stuff now.
The major changes between 3.8 and 4.0 have been made by adding functionality
like workspaces or DAM, while the basics are still the same.

The golive tutorial is from 2002 and still works pretty well.
I recommend this as the base for any other activities regarding templating.
"Modern Template Building" and "Futuristic Template Building" are just
showing you other ways of templating.
The first one relies on the autoparser the second one on templa volia, which
are both extensions to the TYPO3 core functions.
You will find other documentation for both of them by searching their names.

BTW: Did you ever try to read the "readme.txt" /"Install.txt" coming with
your TYPO3 source package?

Another good source to really see TYPO3 in action and understand the basic
principles is here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/videos/

If you still want more you might consider buying a book or paying for a
professional training.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian