[TYPO3] tt_news with multiple templates on same page

Patrick Pirrotte Patrick.Pirrotte at lns.etat.lu
Thu Nov 30 17:48:25 CET 2006

Hi!

I've been experiencing a bit of trouble with multiple tt_news templates on a
same page.

Right now I have to tt_news content object inserted into the same page, the
first one, called Agenda, points to a sys_folder with "agenda" tt_news
entries.
The second tt_news content object, called News, points to a sys_folder
containing my news records.

Now I would like to have different templates for Agenda and for News...

Obviously I doesn't work by adding

plugin.tt_news{
templateFile = ....
}

to the page TS as this will point to the same template for both plugins. I
then thought I would use the flexform configuration tabs of each plugin to
point to the correct template. But this does not work, strangely Typo3 just
increments the template when I save the record. E.g. tt_news_template.html
changes to tt_news_template01.hmtl ....

So my questions are:
1) is there a mechanism to somehow identify by TS which plugin I'm
addressing. (e.g plugin.tt_news.1 and plugin.tt_news.2)?
2) Or would it be possible to create a separate page containing or "Agenda"
or "News" content objects (and other templates) and somehow pip this content
onto my main page. I have no idea on ow to realise that with TS.

I would be grateful for any tips or comments,

Patrick