[TYPO3] "TYPO3 has unlimited history"

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 17:35:38 CET 2006

We say TYPO3 has the history of record changes unlimited but since I
hadn't read TSCONFIG completely I just found out it's not true.

history.maxAgeDays: "The number of days elements are in the history at
most. Takes precedence over keepEntries. Default is 7 days. Range 0-200.
Zero turns the magAgeDays of."

AND

history.keepEntries: "Max entries in the sys_history for this table.
Range 0-200. Zero turns the history of.

AND

History log: By default 20 states of history data is preserved in TYPO3
and after a week it expires.

So undo's are not unlimited so we are doing false advertising?

Am I reading docs wrong and I have to set the following for unlimited

TCEMAIN {
     #instead of default you can put also table.tablename (ie.
table.tt_conent)
     default {
         history.keepEntries = 0
         history.maxAgeDays = 0