[TYPO3] Parsing CSS files - is it possible?

Irene Höppner ih at abezet.de
Wed May 24 14:05:14 CEST 2006

> Hi Joey,
>> This is not programming but configuring things.
>> So IMHO this is what TypoScript was made for.
>>
> There is some logic behind it - so to my opinion its programming.

No, it's definitly NOT programming. As you are a php-programmer you can
look into the code of for example class.tslib_content.php. You'll find TS
only as arrays, and as far as i know there is no logic in arrays... There
you see the "logic" in the php-code "around" that arrays, but without that
php-code there would nothing happen with TypoScript, and if you change
that code, something completly different will happen with your
TypoScript-configuration. So it's definitly just a configuration!

> A guy i know showed me two websites that where for two similar
> associations. One was done completley with php, the other one was done
> with typo3. The guy who was able to make it without typo3. He is that
> kind of guy who programs and designs a whole website and configures your
> linux mail in a few minutes for free because hes so fast. But he told me
> that he doesnt like typo3 because it is too complex and there are too
> many typo3 specific things he has to take care of. i mean come on -
> typo3 outputs for example doctypes by default - then you use one of
> hundred ways of changing this with TS and still its not exactly what you
> would have done without typo3. people who know what they do without
> typo3 get quickly annoyed by these kind inconsistent behaviours.

:-))) Yes yes yes... learning a complex program which has been programmed
by someone else is always more difficult than hacking something yourself
:-).
Btw: I'm pretty deep into Typo3 and didn't find too much inconsitencies -
what ever that means... it's just a question of trying to understand what
other ppl thought...

Greets, Irene

--
Irene Höppner