[TYPO3] Parsing CSS files - is it possible?

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Wed May 24 13:23:03 CEST 2006

Hi Joey,
> This is not programming but configuring things.
> So IMHO this is what TypoScript was made for.

There is some logic behind it - so to my opinion its programming.
> Exactly the same thing in my solution.
> With two differences:
> 1. You can use my solution without PHP knowledge directly in your TS
> template

True - i believe that its working well but what is more powerful in the
end? php or ts? also ts lacks of intuitivity to a degree.
> 2. You can easily use TS stuff like IMAGE, COA + getText Functions there

Should be possible with php as well!
> It's not silly, but just another way of ding things.
> I would prefer the TS way though, while others prefer PHP.
> But still I don't get the reason, why it should _prevent_ people from using
> TYPO3, if they can chose their prefered way of doing things.

A guy i know showed me two websites that where for two similar
associations. One was done completley with php, the other one was done
with typo3. The guy who was able to make it without typo3. He is that
kind of guy who programs and designs a whole website and configures your
linux mail in a few minutes for free because hes so fast. But he told me
that he doesnt like typo3 because it is too complex and there are too
many typo3 specific things he has to take care of. i mean come on -
typo3 outputs for example doctypes by default - then you use one of
hundred ways of changing this with TS and still its not exactly what you
would have done without typo3. people who know what they do without
typo3 get quickly annoyed by these kind inconsistent behaviours.

- Johannes