[TYPO3] Running Multiple Sites from one instance of Typo3

Luc Franken [TenToday] typo3 at tentoday.com
Mon May 22 15:52:01 CEST 2006

Stop, you can't do this on windows as easy as I stated it before because
Windows doesn't understand symlinks. I think you haven't read this part
of my email: "Needed: server with linux" ;)

What you can do: find some programs which allow you to create symlinks
on windows, there are multiple available.

I will explain what the tar packages do:

dummy:
just some folders like: fileadmin, uploads and some symlinks. The
symlinks link to the core folder. That's why they are just needed once.

core:
Contains the real Typo3 files.

So what are these symlinks in the dummy doing: just create a fake
folder. So when you enter yoursite.com/mysite1/typo3 you will receive
the data from the folder: yoursite.com/corefiles/typo3.

So start working with linux (just use a hosting package!) or create
symlinks on windows or just use the ZIP distribution. Then you have all
data for every site but at least it works!

>>> Michael