[TYPO3] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /cms/typo3/alt_main.php

tea cosy tcosy at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 05:07:59 CEST 2006

hi...
i had typo3 working before the weekend for a client and now it seems we can
access it...

i get the following error when i try to access it with my browser....

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cms/typo3/alt_main.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

im using:
apache2.2
php 5
mysql 5

all was working fine until today...
im not sure what has happened...
ive reinstalled apache/php/mysql and they are working fine... file
permissions are set to read and write for all so im a bit unsure of what the
problem is...
also im running the quickstart typo3 which i installed initially to test
stuff and go through the tutorials... this is also working fine...
so ive narrowed it down to something within typo...
any suggestions...
thanks...
michael