[TYPO3] creating plugin

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Wed May 17 14:11:55 CEST 2006

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I am curious about a topic I did not find anywhere.
>>I write a new frontend plugin through Kickstarter, and I select the
>>first option, giving a description so that I can select my plugin from
>>the list. What happend is that this description doesn't appear at all,
>>there is only the icon. Furthermore, it is created the file
>>locallang.xml, but everywhere (even in the book I bought ;-)) is written
>>that should come a file named locallang.php!
>>

> locallang.xml is the net translation methiod, it's normal with the
> latest kickstaer.
> What version of typo3 are you using?

> Ries

>>So, how can I make the title and description visible?

It could be a problem related to the new version of kickstarter. In
the file class.tx_key_pi1_wizicon.php the variable $extKey isn't
correctly setted. So you've to change this variable with your
extension key.

Regards,
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com

WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  www.webformat.com