[TYPO3] GMENU not inserting code into template ?

David Graves typo3 at davidgraves.org
Mon May 15 13:54:04 CEST 2006

I can't get a GMENU to display (I can get TMENUs to work fine). It
doesn't even insert any code into the template so I think I'm doing
something very basic wrong.

The template has:

<!-- ###DOCUMENT_BODY### start-->

        <!-- ###SUB_MENU### start -->

        <!-- ###SUB_MENU### end -->

etc.

Template setup has:

# Template content object:
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
  template = FILE
  template.file = fileadmin/template/main/template_2.htm
}

temp.L1Menu = HMENU
temp.L1Menu.entryLevel = 0
temp.L1Menu.1 = GMENU
temp.L1Menu.1.NO {
     XY = 75,75
     transparentColor = #FFFFFF
     5 = IMAGE
     5.file {
     import = uploads/media/
     import.field = media
     import.listNum = 0
     }
}

temp.L1Menu.1.RO < temp.L1Menu.1.NO
temp.L1Menu.1.RO = 1
temp.L1Menu.1.CUR < temp.L1Menu.1.NO
temp.L1Menu.1.CUR = 1

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

page.10  < temp.mainTemplate
page.10 {
  workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
  subparts.SUB_CONTENT = COA
  subparts.SUB_CONTENT {
    20 < styles.content.get
  }
  subparts.SUB_MENU < temp.L1menu
}

Include Static box contains 'cSet (default)' and 'content (default)'

I have uploaded the image files for the navigation by setting page type
to Advanced and assigning them as media - one for each page - using the
files box. 5 are gifs and 1 is a jpeg.

When I view the page source no substitution has occured, I still see:
        <!-- ###SUB_MENU### start -->

        <!-- ###SUB_MENU### end -->

--
David Graves