[TYPO3] imagemagick

Slava Dubrovskiy slava at elan.com.ua
Fri May 5 09:27:04 CEST 2006

edison write:
> Recently I've installed Typo3 4.0 in a new server that has not imagemagick
> implemented, so therefore I will be doing it the next days. Before that I
> want to check which version should be better for Typo3, since at the forum
> there were recommendations for version 4.2.6 over the latest 6.2.7.
>
> What are the main differences and how much more load would have the server
> in the case the latest version is installed?

I use GraphicsMagick.
>From FAQ:

*1. How does GraphicsMagick differ from ImageMagick?*
*GraphicsMagick* is originally based on ImageMagick 5.5.2. Other than
utilities being executed as sub-commands of the 'gm' command, the
command-line syntax and programming APIs remain entirely upward
compatible with ImageMagick 5.5.2. A better question might be “How does
ImageMagick differ from ImageMagick?” since ImageMagick continues to
alter and evolve its interfaces so they are no longer completely
compatible with earlier versions. While GraphicsMagick also adds new
features, it does so in a way which assures that existing features work
as they did before. GraphicsMagick maintains a stable release branch,
maintains a detailed ChangeLog, and maintains a stable source repository
with complete version history so that changes are controlled, and
changes between releases are accurately described. ImageMagick does not
offer this. Since GraphicsMagick is more “stable”, more time has been
spent optimizing and debugging its code. GraphicsMagick is often faster
than ImageMagick. ImageMagick focuses on adding new functionality and
features.

--
WBR,
Dubrovskiy Slava.