[TYPO3] timtaw - how to get it right

Robert John de Stigter robertjohn at bedrijvenweb.nl
Tue Mar 28 14:05:43 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm very pleased beeing tipped about the timtaw extension, but getting
it to work is another thing. I've been trough every step on
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TIMTAW
<http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TIMTAW>  several times, read it over
and over but no edit panel or buttons apear.

What I did:

1. Create a backgroup called wiki.
2. Mounted it to a page and gave it rights to Tables (listing) and
Tables modify for pages and content.
3. Added an be_acl record to the the page giving the wiki group full
access.
4. Edited a frontend user by adding the wiki backend group to the field
'Backend group (for granting edit rights)
5. Added the following code in my TypoScript:
marks.EDITLINK = COA
marks.EDITLINK.10 < plugin.tx_timtaw_pi1
marks.EDITLINK.20 = EDITPANEL
marks.EDITLINK.20 {
  label = %s
  allow = toolbar
  line = 5
  onlyCurrentPid = 0
  previewBorder = 4
  edit.displayRecord = 1
}
6. Login to the website in the frontend with the respective user but
nothing showing up.
Both be_acl and versions are running and I use TYPO3 3.8.1.
Any one a idea?
Cheers,
Robert