[TYPO3] img src = ""

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Sun Mar 26 06:30:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm having a terrible time with this image rendering problem (img src = "").
It's elsewhere on this list, but I can't seem to beat it.  What's killing me
is that it's somewhat erratic.  Mostly the images don't render on this
particular installation.  But once in a while one slips through and renders
correctly!  I can't figure out the pattern and it's making me crazy...

+ I am using TYPO3 3.8 (via Fantastico for simplicity), cssstyledcontent
2.2, cron_cssstyledimgtext 0.4.1
+ If I uninstall cron_cssstyledimgtext it still gives me fits
+ plain typoscript page template
+ I've disabled just about everything else just trying to eliminate any odd
variables.
+ Image Magick is installed, tests fine in the install tool, has the correct
path in localconf.php
+ It used to work on this installation and still works on other of my other
comparable installation (on the same server)... (Of course, if I knew what
changed to make this one fail, I would put it back!)
+ I regularly Clear FE cache, typo3conf cache, and even manually delete temp
files in typo3conf
+ Images show fine via fileadmin/ or uploads/pics/
+ I can't figure out any wrong permissions... but would be open to specific
suggestions...

Would these guys cause any of this drama?
page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans
config.xhtml_cleaning = all

Is this related to anything that's been fixed in more recent versions of
TYPO3 or the extensions?

Examples:

--- JPG Image
+ renders ok as plain image
+ renders as image with text above/below
+ does not render as image with text to left/right

--- BMP Image
+ does not render as image with text to left/right
+ does not render as image with text above/below
+ does not render as plain image

--- GIF Image
+ renders ok as plain image
+ renders as image with text above/below
+ renders as image with text to left/right (!!)

One of the main variables affecting behavior seems to be floating the image
with text.  But I can't imagine how that should be relevant to the image tag
being rendered appropriately...

I'm at a loss. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Chris