[TYPO3] img src = ""

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 06:45:24 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 3/25/06, Chris Paige <chris at ready-set-go.biz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a terrible time with this image rendering problem (img src = "").
> It's elsewhere on this list, but I can't seem to beat it.  What's killing me
> is that it's somewhat erratic.  Mostly the images don't render on this
> particular installation.  But once in a while one slips through and renders
> correctly!  I can't figure out the pattern and it's making me crazy...
>
> + I am using TYPO3 3.8 (via Fantastico for simplicity), cssstyledcontent
> 2.2, cron_cssstyledimgtext 0.4.1
> + If I uninstall cron_cssstyledimgtext it still gives me fits
> + plain typoscript page template
> + I've disabled just about everything else just trying to eliminate any odd
> variables.
> + Image Magick is installed, tests fine in the install tool, has the correct
> path in localconf.php
> + It used to work on this installation and still works on other of my other
> comparable installation (on the same server)... (Of course, if I knew what
> changed to make this one fail, I would put it back!)
> + I regularly Clear FE cache, typo3conf cache, and even manually delete temp
> files in typo3conf
> + Images show fine via fileadmin/ or uploads/pics/
> + I can't figure out any wrong permissions... but would be open to specific
> suggestions...
>
> Would these guys cause any of this drama?
> page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans
> config.xhtml_cleaning = all
>
> Is this related to anything that's been fixed in more recent versions of
> TYPO3 or the extensions?
>
> Examples:
>
> --- JPG Image
> + renders ok as plain image
> + renders as image with text above/below
> + does not render as image with text to left/right
>
> --- BMP Image
> + does not render as image with text to left/right
> + does not render as image with text above/below
> + does not render as plain image
>
> --- GIF Image
> + renders ok as plain image
> + renders as image with text above/below
> + renders as image with text to left/right (!!)
>
> One of the main variables affecting behavior seems to be floating the image
> with text.  But I can't imagine how that should be relevant to the image tag
> being rendered appropriately...
>
> I'm at a loss. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

If the src attribute of the image tag is empty, I don't see how it
could really be anything _but_ imagemagick--otherwise, afaik you
should just get the original image. Try having a go at the image
processing tests in the install tool again, making sure that you've
first deleted the files in /typo3temp using the 'cleanup' section of
the install tool. Also, double check _all_ the image processing
settings in the 'All configuration' section.

The symptoms with imgtext that you describe above suggest that while
imagemagick _is_ working (all operations work with .gif files), it is
not able to successfully read/write some image formats. If, for
example, it's not built to read .jpg files, you might see the
behaviour you describe above: i.e. you get an image when no resizing
is needed (plain image, image with text above/below), but no image
when the image needs to be resized (image with text to left/right).

To test if this is what's going on, check to see if the images in the
working imgtext configurations are a different size in pixels than the
originals. If they are, then you know for certain that IM can read the
orignal and write the output formats.

-Christopher