[TYPO3] Redirect Question

Christoph Kiefer kiefer at ifi.unizh.ch
Fri Mar 24 09:53:46 CET 2006

Christian

Thanks for the quick help. Unfortunately, it didn't work your way :(

Christian Vetter wrote:

> 2/ To configure Apache, you'll need mod_rewrite (if using realurl, you'll
> need it anyway). Your configuration should look like this:
> [conf]
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond $0fileadmin/a/b/$1 -f

This condition will never be true, since people will never pose a query
string containing 'fileadmin' to the web server. They will just ask for
http://www.example.org/page/file-in-b.txt. Or am I wrong here???

> RewriteRule (.*/)([^/]*) $0fileadmin/a/b/$1 -[L]

Had no effect at all. I get a typo3 error:

Error. Reason: Segment "a" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected!

Any ideas?

Regards

  Christoph

> [/conf]

> Am 23.03.2006, 19:33 Uhr, schrieb Christoph Kiefer <kiefer at ifi.unizh.ch>:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I have the following problem: let's say our typo3-webpage runs at
>> 'http://www.example.org/page' and in the fileadmin-director of the
>> typo3-installation I have created the folders 'a/b'
>>
>> So far so good. I want to access the files in 'b' in the following way:
>>
>> http://www.example.org/page/file-in-b.txt for instance and *not* like
>> http://www.example.org/page/fileadmin/a/b/file-in-b.txt
>>
>> I know I need some kind of redirect mechanism here but cannot figure out
>>  which one.
>>
>> 1/ Is there a method without changing /httpd.conf/ and purely using
>> typo3 or some extension???
>>
>> 2/ How would I eventually have to change /httpd.conf/?
>>
>> Any help would be very appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Christoph

Christoph Kiefer
Department of Informatics, University of Zurich
http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/ddis/christophkiefer.html