[TYPO3] Need help moving a site from 3.8.1 to 4.0 RC1

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sun Mar 19 17:26:05 CET 2006

Damien Bezborodow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've developed a site on 3.8.1 and time has come to deploy. I've decided
> to deploy with 4.0 RC1. What is the best way to move a site from one
> installation to another? I've tried using export to t3d, but all I get
> is a blank page when viewing the site.
>
> Can anybody recommend a tutorial or something for using t3d (or whatever
> else I should be using) across different versions?

I found the easiest way is to do a fresh install (RC1) then dump the RC1
DB replace it with the the old 3.8.1 DB. After that run Tools > Install
 > Update Wizard and Database Analyser. Now run Tools > DB check.

The last thing is to delete the following folders using shell in your
new install and replace them with the ones from your old install using
cp -r for filesadmin, typo3temp, typo3conf/ext and uploads.

Greg