[TYPO3] random content again

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:28:50 CET 2006

Hello,

Typo3 3.8.

What I want is to display random different content (text type) every,
say, one hour or every refresh in the right column.

I've looked onet_randomcontent, jh_random_records and ck_fortune.
jh_random_records just picks and shows a random inserted record but
never change after that. ck_fortune allows you to set a time interval
for rotation.  I set to 1 minute.  But the content does not change as
scheduled, either automatically or by refreshing.  Sometimes the content
  can change 'accidentally'.  jh_random_records is pretty close to what
we need.  But since some content element is long, it's not always good
to show the full content in the right column.   It would be nice if it
could provide just a link to the content element.  Then I thought about
trying the Random News extention.  But it's currently listed as obsolete
in TER.  Does it have a replacement?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bing