[TYPO3] TS: BgrndColor of partially transparent GIFs when scaling with IMG_RESOURCE

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia usenet at digilog.de
Tue Mar 14 08:49:47 CET 2006

Hi all !

I am trying to use partially transparent GIFs as backgrounds for <div> tags.
Where the GIFs are transparent the CSS background-color of the div can be
seen as expected. I use hard edges between GIF foreground and transparent
background (no antialiasing) so this works fine.

The user can select the GIFs in a TemplaVoila FCE and I also have provide
for the possibility to scale the GIFs as needed.
Now, when I scale the IMG_RESOURCE that renders the GIF as needed (by
setting the width or height prop of the IMG_RESOURCE), the edges to the
transparent background get antialiased against white color(!) which is not
the background-color of my divs, so the edges produce a visible jaggy white
glow.
Is there any way to define the background color that the IMG_RESOURCE object
uses to antialias against when scaling transparent GIFs? TSref shows now
such property for IMG_RESOURCE.

Thanks for your help.
--
Jörg Wagner