[TYPO3] Typo3 validation

Andreas Koppa akoppa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 18:13:55 CET 2006

Hi Erik and Martin,

Thanks for you response.

ES> ----code----
ES> ## Menu [Begin]
ES> lib.mainMenu = HMENU
ES> lib.mainMenu.entryLevel = 0
ES> lib.mainMenu.wrap = <ul>|</ul>

First I changed to XHTML 1.0 Transitional.  No changes in the core of my
menu’s code.  Second, I do not use ul/il but Div and p on my vertical menu.

Now, If I create a menu of the type "menu of subpages to these pages" (which
is the type I have used) the pages do not validate.
However, creating a menu of the type "menu of these pages" the problem disappears
and the pages validate.  So, I realized that my code seems to be faulty (will
check this tomorrow) despite of the fact that it validates on 3.8.1...

BUT....  Have a new problem on Beta3:  the "Admin Panel" appears at the page
bottom and generates some errors:

'Error Line 180 column 131: document type does not allow element "form" here.
...ADMIN" method="get" style="margin:0;">'

Logging out clears the Admin Panel and the page validates.

I always win so, I will tame the beast!  Hopefully.

Let me know if you have any further comment.