[TYPO3] Insert on changing page type...

Alexandre Maxime funkycms at axidea.fr
Fri Mar 3 10:28:14 CET 2006

I am wondering why do Typo3 inserts the page when the user change his type
in the "page propreties" page.
Apparently there is no reason, because the reloading of the page doesn't
need this INSERT because it only updates the required fields. The data in
the fields is submitited in the form, and is not get throught the DB.
The problem is that the page can be inserted (via reloading) without
validating the required fields (like the PageTitle in the Standard page
type).

We have disabled this INSERT, and the is obviouly no problem with that.

What to you think about this ? I there another reason to insert the page
when reloading ?

Thanks a lot.

Maxime Alexandre | Développement & Services IT
www.axidea.fr 14, rue la Fayette - 75009 Paris
01 72 81 06 83 - m.alexandre at axidea.fr