[TYPO3] typo3.org

John Kallies jkallies at majorninth.com
Thu Mar 2 20:45:44 CET 2006

I hate to "me too" on a list, but "me too"...

Having lurked for months and never introduced myself, I do some Typo3
consulting in Columbus, Ohio (mostly for non-profits). I love Typo3, and
  advocate it as a communications platform every chance I can. I am very
happy to see the momentum towards 4.0, including the new "typo3.org" site.

That being said, I've had a difficult time using the new site in its
current state. I've been able to find some of the documents I need, but
I'm mostly stuck in the interim. I fortunately have local copies of many
documents, but I'm hindered in my ability to research candidate
extensions. This comes at a time when I'm trying to move forward for
clients. If others new to Typo3 are having the same experience, I'm
concerned that they will move on to what will seem like a
better-supported  CMS platform (we all know Typo3 has fantastic
community support, as we used the old typo3.org).

The new typo3.org looks great, but at the cost of breaking the existing
newsgroups and Google links, it isn't ready for prime time yet (sorry to
say so).

Seconding the motion for the old typo3.org, even if only for a short time.

Most grateful to the Typo3 community,
John Kallies
http://www.majorninth.com