[TYPO3] CSS woes

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 22:22:00 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/1/06, Patrick O'Hara <pdohara at practicalprogrammer.org> wrote:
> Thanks, it is now nearly a valid page I am still getting a warning about the
> meta type not matching
> The character encoding specified in the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) is
> different from the value in the <meta> element (us-ascii). I will use the
> value from the HTTP header (iso-8859-1) for this validation.
> Any idea what is adding this meta tag?

The problem is that you've added in a SECOND meta element specifying
us-ascii to the page head:

### Source -->

<!--
	This website is brought to you by TYPO3 - get.content.right
	TYPO3 is a free open source Content Management Framework created by
Kasper Skaarhoj and licensed under GNU/GPL.
	TYPO3 is copyright 1998-2005 of Kasper Skaarhoj. Extensions are
copyright of their respective owners.
	Information and contribution at http://www.typo3.com
-->

	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="fileadmin/woodridge-main.css" />

### End Source

If you're using Templavoila, then that us-ascii meta element was
probably in your original template. Get rid of it and you should be
fine.

-Christopher