[TYPO3] group memberships lost with fe_user_admin

Helge Vad helge at mereteland.dk
Wed Mar 1 12:13:33 CET 2006

> When the logged in user edits his profile he is automatically logged out and
> all his group memberships get lost and he can not log in again.
> This is independent from what the user wants to change in his profile. It
> happens even if nothing is changed and he just pushes the submit button.
If you are using fe_adminLib you must specify which usergroup new users should belong to. (I think this also goes for editing
existing profiles)

This is the setting in 'plugin.feadmin.fe_users' - look for it with your Template Analyzer
create.overrideValues {
    usergroup = {$plugin.feadmin.fe_users.usergroupOverride}
  }

Anyway, look for  Usergroup override with your Template Constant Editor on the page (or page in root line) where your user profile
edit form is located.

Best, Helge Vad