[TYPO3] How to include content from backend to a template

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Jun 27 23:20:46 CEST 2006

Hello Pirkka,

> 1.
> I am designing a new site that has a column on the right side of the
> view that presents
> links and sort of teasers to various pages within the site. I'd like
> to edit the content
> of this column in Typo's backend. The same content should be on every
> page of the site,
> but I don't want to update the content on every page in the backend
> when it changes.
> What would be the best solution for this? I am thinking that I could
> put the content to a
> SysFolder in the backend and to include it to the site's template by
> calling the uid of
> the content? Could this work or are there other ways to do this?
> What kind of a script do I need to write for the template to include
> the content of the
> SysFolder on every page? I am not very good with TypoScript and I
> can't seem to find any
> examples about this kind of solution.

You can both use special menus, tsref about MENU, and content element saved
in SysFolder.

Code like this (used with TV)

lib.design=RECORDS
lib.design.source=472
lib.design.tables=tt_content

will get contentelement with uid nr 472 from tt_content on every page.

> 2.
> The other question that I had in mind is how can I make a template
> that has two columns
> for content and that I could deside in the backend to which column I
> add the content?
> With this I could make a template that has for example a center column
> for main
> information and right column for links related. Any ideas?
> I hope more books about Typo will be published in the future :)
>
> Thanks for your time!

Read Modern Template Building and maybe Futuristic Template Building.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no