[TYPO3] How to include content from backend to a template

Pirkka Rannikko bircha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:07:36 CEST 2006

1.
I am designing a new site that has a column on the right side of the
view that presents
links and sort of teasers to various pages within the site. I'd like
to edit the content
of this column in Typo's backend. The same content should be on every
page of the site,
but I don't want to update the content on every page in the backend
when it changes.

What would be the best solution for this? I am thinking that I could
put the content to a
SysFolder in the backend and to include it to the site's template by
calling the uid of
the content? Could this work or are there other ways to do this?

What kind of a script do I need to write for the template to include
the content of the
SysFolder on every page? I am not very good with TypoScript and I
can't seem to find any
examples about this kind of solution.

2.
The other question that I had in mind is how can I make a template
that has two columns
for content and that I could deside in the backend to which column I
add the content?
With this I could make a template that has for example a center column for main
information and right column for links related. Any ideas?

I hope more books about Typo will be published in the future :)

Thanks for your time!

--
Pirkka Rannikko - Freelance Graphics and Web Design
http://www.bircha.com