[TYPO3] How to search a specific section of a site?

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Wed Jun 21 22:34:52 CEST 2006

Hello,

> plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList=xx
>
> xx=starting point of searching.
> On the base of information in this list 'startpoint' field
> doesn't work (at least it doesn't work indexed search for typo3 3.8.x)
>
> Note. I have found that if pages have already indexed, they remain
> indexed even if you change settings and disable indexing from certain
> pages. Make sure to define preventing properly beforehand.
>
> Youd can set afterward 'rootPidList'.

I still can't see to get this to work. Here's a simplified version of my
page tree:
- root
	-<1>home
		-<5>page
		-<34>page
		-<40>search
		-<42>page
		-<7>page I want search to search

In the page TS of page 40, I put this:
plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList=7

But, when I invoke a search from page 40, it still searches all pages.
Not just page 7.

What else am I missing?

- jody