[TYPO3] How to search a specific section of a site?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jun 21 23:31:42 CEST 2006

Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>

>>plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList=xx
>>
>>xx=starting point of searching.
>>On the base of information in this list 'startpoint' field
>>doesn't work (at least it doesn't work indexed search for typo3 3.8.x)
>>
>>Note. I have found that if pages have already indexed, they remain
>>indexed even if you change settings and disable indexing from certain
>>pages. Make sure to define preventing properly beforehand.
>>
>>Youd can set afterward 'rootPidList'.
>

> I still can't see to get this to work.

plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList=xx
into 'setup' field of a TS Template, which is used in the page, where
you want to set as the starting point of a new search

Put an extension template to the page, where you want to be as if a root
page of you search.

or define just once in root

constant
indexedSearch.rootPidList=xx
setup
plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList={$indexedSearch.rootPidList}

and in some places of the tree

contant
indexedSearch.rootPidList=xx

indexedSearch.rootPidList can be anything - it is however reasonable
to define constant so, that you know what is the purpose of the contant