[TYPO3] Thank you for sharing Amal

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:34:42 CEST 2006

Hi again,

On 6/19/06, Tan Le <tanl at flirtcreative.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I don't think it's a typo3 bugs or my server environment, I think people
> just have to know how to adapt their typo3 with their server, because
> each server is configure differently. I've install typo3 on other server
> and it seems to be working perfectly fine, only when I install typo3 on
> this particular server that creates problem for installing extension.
>
> One thing I don't understand though, why is typo3 re-writing the folder
> permission every time its trying to create new folders with the
> following code:
>
> "chmod($theNewFolder,octdec($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['folderCre
> ateMask'])); //added
> this line, because the mode at 'mkdir' has a strange behaviour sometimes
> "
>
> I think typo3 should work fine without the above code on any server. But
> then again I could be wrong because I've only been using typo3 for about
> 3 weeks :-)

That code chmods new directories to a _configurable_ value--you can
set $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['folderCreateMask'] in the
install tool to a value appropriate to your server environment.

Given that you can set the value it uses, I can't see any reason at
all to hack the core. What exactly is the problem you encounter?

-Christopher