[TYPO3] Thank you for sharing Amal

Tan Le tanl at flirtcreative.com.au
Tue Jun 20 07:17:54 CEST 2006

Hi Christopher,

I don't think it's a typo3 bugs or my server environment, I think people
just have to know how to adapt their typo3 with their server, because
each server is configure differently. I've install typo3 on other server
and it seems to be working perfectly fine, only when I install typo3 on
this particular server that creates problem for installing extension.

One thing I don't understand though, why is typo3 re-writing the folder
permission every time its trying to create new folders with the
following code:

"chmod($theNewFolder,octdec($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['folderCre
ateMask'])); //added
this line, because the mode at 'mkdir' has a strange behaviour sometimes
"

I think typo3 should work fine without the above code on any server. But
then again I could be wrong because I've only been using typo3 for about
3 weeks :-)

Regards,

Tan

"Have you encountered some situation where no possible value set in
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['folderCreateMask'] is correct? If
so, does it seem to be a TYPO3 bug, or a problem with your server
environment?"