[TYPO3] cannot install extension due to ownership problem

A M Sharma amsharma at abhikalak.com
Mon Jun 19 06:49:31 CEST 2006

Hello Tan,

I don't know if I have the solution but I will share my setup with you and
what I learnt. AFAIK apache and consequently typo3 runs as user "nobody"
and group "nobody" which is a system user on Unix/Linux. Anything you
import/upload/install is owned by "nobody". If you can change your default
group (gid) to nobody then you will have permissions to edit all the files.
As user uid/gid 80/80 you do not have permission on all the files installed
by extensions & uploaded using Typo3 because they are owned by nobody.

Amal