[TYPO3] cannot install extension due to ownership problem

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Jun 19 05:21:37 CEST 2006

Hey Tan,

you just told your owner to change permissions to 2777, not to change owner.
Possible you have uploaded your typo3 installation using FTP and then
try to access it from the BE.

A lot of ISP's make the 'mistake' to run the FTP and to apache account
under different users.

Ask your ISP to change all files and folders to the UID and GID of the
apache user. (uid/guid 80/80)

Ries

> Hi List,
>
> I am running typo3 under apache web server and I cannot install any
> extension because I got this error:
>
> Warning: mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose
> uid/gid is 302249/100 is not allowed to access
> /home/z/zagam/www/typo3conf/ext/automaketemplate/doc owned by uid/gid
> 80/80 in /home/z/zagam/www/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 2459
>
> I've rang my hosting company and told them to change the owner to my
> user with read/write permission to folder typo3conf/ext to 2777, but
> everytime typo3 try to create the folder automaketemplate and its
> subfolders, typo3 changes the ownership or permission to those
> subfolders folder and does not allow the user (me) to write to those
> folders. Does anyone know if there is a way around this, I've also try
> uploading the .t3x file instead of using the repository within typo3 but
> still with the same error. any help would be much appreciated and thank
> you all for your time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tan

Ries van Twisk