[TYPO3] ajaxtabs: dynamic flexform xml, BE cache problem

Vikram Mandal vikram at typo3india.com
Fri Jun 16 17:15:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

I need to generate the flexform xml dynamically depending on a value
(like number of tabs) saved in the record.

Currently I doing some xml handling to generate the flexform xml
depending on saved value of a field from the database.

	// generate the dynamic XML
require_once(t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY).'/lib/class.tx_fivee5eajaxtabs_flexformLib.php');
t3lib_extMgm::addPiFlexFormValue($_EXTKEY.'_pi1',
tx_fivee5eajaxtabs_flexformLib::getPluginFlexFormXML($_EXTKEY.'_pi1','FILE:EXT:'.$_EXTKEY.'/flexform_ds_pi1_settings.xml'));

My problem is when the record is saved in the BE form, the value
retrieved from the database is some what cached. I have to save the
record twice to retrieve the correct value from the database.

* I guess i am missing some small thing. Can anyone please point it out?
* Is there a way to clear cache in BE forms or some thing similar
* Is there a better way

I had nearly the same issue with normal field value display in the BE
form after I make changes to the data of the record directly in the
database but still the form would load the old data until I click the
page tree at least once.

* Any hints on how I could solve it

BTW, I intend to release it when complete. It will have pages, scrolling
images, AJAX definable in tabs

Regards,
Vikram Mandal.
--