[TYPO3] What kind of tamplate shouda I use? (Pure typoscript X TV)

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Jun 7 23:34:56 CEST 2006

Andre Mello barotto wrote:
> Please,
>  I'm creating  complex site using TYPO3 V4. The main requisit of the
> site is "to be robust".
>  I have read (Futuristic Template Building) and tested TemplaVoila
> extension (TV). I liked it very much. However I've read in the TYPO3
> Wiki site (my first typo3 web site) recomendations to not use TV in
> order to avoid bug and updating problems.
>  I had problems with lost records when I tried do use  frontend editing.
>  So, What kind of template should I use?
>   If I do not use TV, what extension and documentation should I use in
> order to select diferent types of templates in one Site?
>
> TIA,
>  Andre.

Andre,

I use TV since version 0.3.0 I believe. Currently updated my site with
2800 pages to TV 1.x.x with Typo3 version4.
It happend in a snap. TV is IMHO stable. But also to be onest, I never
used FE editing
(FE editing is BE editing with some icons shown on the FE).

I tell my editors (3 girls and a guy) to use the BE for editing for all
content and they don't seem to have any problems
with it. My site never broke, nor I had any missing content what so ever.

I think that TV is a brilliant concept! Also I found that I can have all
extension work with TV aswell.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk