[TYPO3] Table with scroll bar

A M Sharma amsharma at abhikalak.com
Wed Jun 7 11:58:05 CEST 2006

Hello,

I want a scroll bar in a table which is part of a page. The primary reason
is that I want to show a page with some static info at top (table headings)
and show the columns below them. It will help the user know which column
has what. I have created a page content with table wizard.

I checked a lot of websites and came to know "overflow:auto" can do the
job. I am using the Mediatech's Zenlight template. It uses a CSS file. The
table portion in this CSS is as follows:

TABLE.contenttable { border:1px #333333 solid; margin:10px 0px 10px 0px;
width:100%; }
TABLE.contenttable TR TD { padding:0px 3px 0px 3px;  }
TABLE.contenttable TR TD P.bodytext { font-size:10px;}
TABLE.contenttable TR { background-color:#CC99CC; }

I have tried giving the following in the table portions without success (in
TABLE.contenttable)

My page contents are already appearing in a scrollable area. This table is
contained within this page.

If there are any other alternatives to achieving the same I am open to
trying that also.

TIA
Amal