[TYPO3] dbal bug?

Torkil Svensgaard spam at torkil.ath.cx
Wed Jun 7 12:33:23 CEST 2006

Hi

My installation was done from scratch with DBAL and works, sort of.

I have the following in localconf.php:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['handlerCfg'] = array (
        '_DEFAULT' => array (
                'type' => 'adodb',
                'config' => array(
                        'driver' => 'mysql',
                )
        ),
        'arpac' => array (
                'type' => 'adodb',
                'config' => array(
                        'username' => '***',
                        'password' => '***',
                        'host' => '***',
                        'database' => 'Arpac_dbo_test',
                        'driver' => 'mysql',
                )
        ),
);

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['table2handlerKeys'] = array (
        'Candidate' => 'arpac',
        'CountryCode' => 'arpac',
);

My understanding was that this would result in TYPO3 gaining transparent
access to the two mapped tables and everything else would work as usual,
using the database given to TYPO3 during install. To my surprise I
discovered that several tables has been created in the DB containing the two
mapped tables, tables belonging to various extensions I have installed
(tt_news for instance).

The two databases I use are actually different databases on the same MySQL
installation and as the abovementioned behaviour seems wrong, I would hazard
to guess at a bug, where Typo3 fails to do a database select, before table
creation is performed.

Or is this a feature?

Regards,

Torkil