[TYPO3] Reliable FE News submit for IE/rte_htmlarea

John Kallies jkallies at majorninth.com
Sat Jun 3 08:10:09 CEST 2006

All,

If you have a reliable FE news submit process that uses IE and
rte_htmlarea, would you mind telling me a little about it - which
extension, any special config? There are several FE news submit
extensions, and I've had trouble getting any of them to work
(fe_rtenews, the strongest contender for me works great in FireFox, of
course, but IE blows up on page load). Knowing that a given
configuration gives me sopmething to continue pursuing.

To that end, I have seen occasional threads over the last 8 months or so
talking about the "operation aborted" error with rte_htmlarea and IE.
It's likely there is some JavaScript error, probably even in how IE
handles it. No one ever reported a soluton or workaround to the list
(other than making your client use FireFox).

Thank you for your insights...

John Kallies