[TYPO3] how to check in TS what value is returned by "Insert plugin" content element (tt_news)

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Jul 21 09:28:27 CEST 2006

hi

I have some little problem and I hope you could show me directions how
to solve this.

I have content element "INSERT PLUGIN" and I would like to make TS
that is able to do:

*Do not show me header and "INSERT PLUGIN" if the value of "INSERT
PLUGIN" equals "AAA"*

It is quite simple if I like to check header:

DO NOT SHOW ME THE WHOLE CONTENT ELEMENT IF HEADER H2 = "AAA"

lib.stdheader.10.2.if.value = AAA
lib.stdheader.10.2.if.equals.field = header
lib.stdheader.10.2.if.negate = 1

tt_content.if.value = AAA
tt_content.if.equals.field = header
tt_content.if.negate = 1

But how to get value from "INSERT PLUGIN" ?

<context>

The "INSERT PLUGIN" is tt_news and there are situations when there is no
news in LIST view (the LIST is dynamic - defined by: give me publication
of John Smith or give me Articles of John Smith), so the whole content
element looks like.

Publication                      <---------- header
No news in this list.            <---------- content from tt_news

Article                          <---------- header
No news in this list.            <---------- content from tt_news

I would like to check what tt_news returns and if it returns
"<p>No news in this list.</p>" I would like NOT to render either header
"Publication" or the note "No news in this list."

</context>

-
grtz
Krystian