[TYPO3] Getting site running after Hacked

Martin S martin at hauntedhousecom.net
Thu Jul 20 09:25:28 CEST 2006

Ian Fish wrote:

> What do I need to do to stop the site from being hacked again?

You probably can't other than upgrading to the latest security patch level,
which according to others here should be Typo3 4

> Any other advice?

If the server was cracked that is a serious situation. Depending on who did
it and what they did, there may be changes that are hard to track.
If it is your server, I'd put up a replacement server, take this one down
and reinstall everything. (Yes, I'm paranoid - learned it the hard way).

If it's not your server, I'd take a backup of your site, download it off the
server to a box of your choice and check/reinstall/upgrade everything.
Upload the clean site over the compromised one. Coordinate with your
provider if needed.

Martin S