[TYPO3] Website with frames problem

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jul 17 11:18:24 CEST 2006

>> I have created a website with frames. But I have a problem with the
>> menu. I realized that the menu is not refreshed in same time with
>> the main page, and I want to make the menu expandable.
>> Right now it is set expAll = 1. But if I put expAll = 0 or remove
>> this line nothing happens.
>> Can anybody give me an advice how can I make the menu to be
>> refreshed?
>
> Doesn't have anyone any idea how can I create an expandable menu in a
> frame-based site? :(
>
> Maybe someone had before this problem and can provide me a code
> snippet.

You've got 3 options for a frame based site:

1) Add some JS code to the content frame that triggers JS functions in the
menu frame (some kind of AJAX approach)
2) if you got more than just 2 frames, set the target of the menu links to
the parent frame of both, the menu _and_ the content frame
3) set the target of the menu links to "_top"

and you've got another option:
Kick the frames completely.

You should really consider the last option, since in most cases there is no
reason for a frame based site.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de