[TYPO3] newloginbox/cookie check

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Fri Jul 14 22:09:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I seem to have a lot of FE users who have cookies turned off and can't log
in.  I want to give them instructions more specific than "Be sure cookies
are enabled."  I want to test for cookies and tell them "Cookies are not
enabled in your browser.  Please click here for instructions on how to..."

Anyhow, I can do all that.  And I may try to build a little extension to do
this, but that would be silly if it already exists elsewhere...

I see this description of newloginbox...

>This is an alternative to the good old login box. This version features a
>little more functionality, including
>success/error messages, **cookie check**, forgot password etc. A new
>version of this extension featuring
>template support is available from CVS (emphasis added).

Is the functionality I describe above included in newloginbox?  I'm not sure
what the "cookie check" does as I can't find any further evidence of it in
documentation or operation of the extension.

Chris