[TYPO3] SPAM-LOW: Re: Typo3 vs other CMSs

Ryan Off ryan at ryanoff.com
Fri Jul 14 11:19:57 CEST 2006

I see it as a step which should not be necessary. Ideally it should
be possible to see how templates effect your site without having to
spend much time (meaning somewhere around 15 seconds). The idea of
skinning is to take it very easy and quick to change the look of your
site/program/etc. Take for example, Mambo, Drupal, other CMSes,
WinAmp, Windows XP, etc. You create a theme for the software which
alters all the colors and layout very quickly and easily. So you can
try out maybe 10 different skins/themes to your site to see which
fits your content the best. I don't understand why most of the Typo3
users don't see why Typo3 should be different than most other pieces
of software out there that allow skinning/themes?

Ryan