[TYPO3] SPAM-LOW: Re: Typo3 vs other CMSs

Bill Taroli bill.taroli at billsden.org
Thu Jul 13 23:15:45 CEST 2006

Christoph Herrmann wrote:
> So bottom line is, from my very short experience: Typo3 is a pro
> developers tool with immense capabilities. Great to build complex stuff.
> But I can't really present  this to any customer of mine as a CMS.

Well, although I understand the ease-of-use argument I would also make
one point of clarification here. If the end-user of the environment is
focused on maintaining content, then TYPO3 is still certainly
appropriate. In my case, I have several deployments with folks who have
no idea what CMS means... but they successfully manage content within
TYPO3 without difficulty. They only solicit my help if they need to
adjust their templates, which for them doesn't happen very often.

So, I wouldn't take TYPO3's back-end learning requirements to suggest it
can't be used effectively has a content management system by end-users.
The difficulty comes when end-users want to actually manage templates
and site design. :-)

Bill