[TYPO3] Typo3 vs other CMSs

Damiano Verzulli damiano at verzulli.it
Thu Jul 13 09:15:40 CEST 2006

JoH ha scritto:
>> I would like some opinions/feedback on the advantages Typo3 has over
>> other CMSs.
>
> http://www.cmsmatrix.org

I'd add also this link:

=> "Using open source software to design, develop, and deploy a
collaborative Web site, Part 1: Introduction and overview"

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/ibm/library/i-osource1/index.html?ca=drs-

It reports a comparison made by an IBM team between:

- Drupal
- Mambo
- Typo3
- Ruby on Rails
- Blog engines
- Movable Type
- WordPress
- TextPattern

and, IMHO, the most important "concern" about TYPO3 is the following:

"...The markup generated by a lot of the core and contributed modules
used structure from the mid to late '90s, with lots of table layouts,
not much use of effectively placed CSS ID and class attributes, and
sometimes invalid structure...."

As I'm evaluating the Typo3 adoption in a big context, I'm really
interested in understanding the opinion of power users regarding above
statement.

Thanks in advance,
Damiano Verzulli

--
Damiano Verzulli
e-mail: damiano at verzulli.it
---
possible?ok:while(!possible){open_mindedness++}
---
"...Science, after all, is ultimately an Open Source enterprise..."
'Open Sources: Voices from the Open Source Revolution' - Introduction
[http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/intro.html]